Tag #16048 - Southaven Geocaching
Created January 27, 2011
As a Pathtag owner, you could Leave a Comment, Leave a Rating, or Offer a Trade for this tag from this screen. Getting a Pathtag made is quick, easy and affordable. Log in and then Click here to start!
Southaven began as Memphis homebuilder Kemmons Wilson (founder of Holiday Inn) developed a few residential subdivisions featuring small starter homes just inside the Mississippi border with Whitehaven, Tennessee, an unincorporated suburb of Memphis. Whitehaven was eventually annexed by the central city, becoming part of Memphis-proper. Southaven is one of the fastest growing cities in the southeast United States. In just 20 years, Southaven doubled its land area while its population tripled.Southaven was not incorporated as most other cities; however the city was brought into existence by legislation the state of Mississippi. House of Representatives member Donald Chambliss
supported and led this legislation and Southaven was born in April 15, 1980. DeSoto County was named for Hernando DeSoto, the explorer who traveled through the area in 1539. Historians believe that the Spanish explorer led an expedition through DeSoto County on his way to the discovery of the Mississippi River.Places of Interest:
- Snowden Grove Amphitheater
6285 Snowden Grove Lane
- The Amphitheater hosts numerous concerts each season from performers such as ZZ Top, Candlebox, Taylor Hicks, and many more.
- DeSoto Civic CenterHome of the Mississippi RiverKings, the arena also hosts a number of concerts and other shows.
- Old Getwell and Nail Roads
- Snowden Grove is the United States' largest youth baseball complex and hosts several baseball tournaments from across the nation.
Brought to you by Eagle Federation
Keywords For This Tag
(click a keyword to see all tags with that keyword!)
Mississippi(1) flower(1) states(1)
Log in to suggest keywords for tags in our gallery! Keywords help others find tags by design content!